The other day someone knocks on my front door. When I answer
it, no one is there but a black trash bag. Strange, huh? So I very cautiously
and suspiciously untied the strings fairly certain something is going to jump
out at me or I’m going to be exposed to a disease like Leprosy or Chicken Pox’s
or Dyslexia or something. Well maybe not
the last one. Anyway….I open the bag and what do I find?? Trash that David and
I had thrown in the recycle. But wait…this is a different bag then we use. “What the…” I took the bag to the back and
slowly went through it. It sure was our garbage but why would someone go
through our garbage and then return it to us??
I have racked my brain to come to a conclusion of this
weirdness. I have nothin’. We thought that maybe someone went through our
recycle to get the plastic and aluminum cans. Oregon has a very efficient and
well managed garbage and recycling program. There are walk-up recycle centers
that offer 5 cents per aluminum can and 10 cents per plastic beverage
container. It’s a good way to make a little change. But why would they return
our garbage??? Just a little strange huh? Needless to say, I’m now more careful
what I throw away.
4 comments:
What if you get leprosy AND dyslexia?! Then your rae or eson could fall off!
Oh, lliJ, lliJ. You and Katie crack me up!!
Maybe that's Oregon's version of the Phantom Ghost that pops up on everyone's door step during the month of October! You should check into weird Oregon traditions so you're ready for Thanksgiving Turkey feathers and reindeer poop on your lawn.
Mandy=)
It was truly a weird event. I still can't wrap my head around it.
David
Post a Comment