Friday, October 5, 2012

Eyes, ears, tummies and Awards!




David has cute little ears. Many of you know this. And because of his cute little ears, he has troubles with his glasses staying on his cute little face. This has become more of an annoyance as of late due to the hours and hours of reading law books. So he decided he would like to try out contacts. So far he likes them okay. He had to do a “contacts class” which consisted of putting the contact in one eye and taking it out. David was a pro! It took him 10 minutes to get it in and 5 to get it out, which is great considering it was closing time and the ladies helping us were ready to GO! So they kept popping in to see if he was done yet. 

Trying to put them in at home.


He was a little weirded out by being able to see clearly out of the corner of his eyes.
 
 When we got home he practiced some more. He was having trouble and got upset because his “eyelashes are just too long!” To that I said BOO HOO. (He does have nice eyes though! )


In other news…I still have no job. I am a stay at home mom with no babies. I have found that to keep sane I needed something to fill my time so I have tried to do more crafts. I made this little sign the other day. It was kind of fun. But because we don’t live in the best neighborhood I get concerned that it will get taken.

The makings of a witch!
The final product. I need to add some glitz to her shoes though.
Sometimes I like to make her looked smashed....


The other day we got a package in the mail! I love getting mail. I eagerly ripped open the box and I read the note that was on top.

I was just so excited to see what we had won but like a good wife I waited the 10 hours until my husband came home from school. David finally came home and was just as excited as I was to open the box. Here’s what was inside!

The Goods!!
As David was taking out the food items and putting them in our very empty pantry he said, “Wow! We are going to eat like the Rockefellers!” I’m not sure the Rockefellers eat Hamburger Helper but we sure are excited to get to!

Thanks to the (Anonymous) Awards Committee who was nice enough to think of us here at 444 Jefferson!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are super people and I'm sure you deserve any award you get! Hope you enjoy. You may not be eating what the Rockefellers do, but you are probably just as happy as they are!!
Mom

Jill said...

Way to go, David! I remember my first days of contact-wearing. I could get mine in within fifteen minutes and it only took my two roommates an hour of holding me down and my eye open to get them out. Ah, good times.