I don't know if you know this but I
love my husband. He quite handsome. He's super goofy. He is also
pretty much brilliant. He knows the most random, interesting facts
about everything. For example, did you know that Fred Rogers (aka Mr.
Rogers) wore those sweaters to hid extensive tattoos on his forearms
that he got when he was a Marine? Or that the largest chunk of gold
ever discovered is in Antarctica, but international law prohibits
mining on the continent. Also, did you know that Ernest Hemingway
wrote the first chapter of The Old Man and the Sea while sitting on
the loo? Okay, David didn't tell me that last one but that's crazy,
huh??!
Anyways. It's important for you to know
that I love D. And he is pretty much one of the best people alive. I
simply adore that kid.
That being said; the kid has the
hardest time ordering food without it ending with him and the person
taking our order being so confused that it would be easier to just
say “Nevermind”, do a lap through the drive-thru and start over.
I'm not much help because I'm usually in the passenger seat laughing.
But like I said...I sure love him!
Here's where the problem stems: D is
just too polite. For example, instead of just ordering the food all
at once, he will order one item then wait for it to come up on the
screen then he will say the next item. I can understand that he
doesn't want to say it so fast that the person is scrambling. But
when he pauses, they think he's done ordering so they tell the total
and ask him to pull up to the first window. Sometimes this happens 3
or 4 times an order. Each time he states he's not done ordering.
Again-I'm in the passenger seat laughing.
Sometimes he says “Thank You”
instead of pausing after ordering an item and waiting for it to come
up on the screen. This causes more confusion for the order-taking
dear and D. Again-I'm in the passenger seat laughing.
Eventually everything gets squared away
and we pull forward. We usually get our food pretty quickly after
ordering-no matter where we go. I think it's because they want us to
go away fast.
He's just too darn cute for his own
good!
3 comments:
He is pretty cute. I did know that fact about Mr. Rogers, but did not know the ordering-in-restaurants fact about David. Good luck with the chili tonight.
Just to clarify--the last comment was written by JILL on Courtney's computer. Courtney does NOT think David is cute, just the shiznit.
Dear Katie:
You have married your father.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment