Friday, May 14, 2010

Dallas

Some of you might know that I went to Dallas these past few days to interview for an internship with Southwest. Well I am back from that and it went pretty well.

The day started off with Katie and I arriving at the airport early. For those of you who know my "train" mode know that when I have some kind of transportation that I need to catch I generally can only think about that one thing until I'm there. So we waited around for a while and then I decided that I should get to my gate. So after going through all of the security stuff I got to my gate and waited for an hour.

After the hour long wait I got on the plane and flew to Albuquerque. I thought that I would have a long layover there but once I landed I had time to go to the bathroom and then hop on my next flight.

Once I got to Dallas I hopped on the Shuttle to my hotel and checked in. There was a guy that flew with me from Salt Lake at the hotel too so I asked him why he was there and he told me that he was interviewing for the exact same position as I was at Southwest. So after resisting the urge to slip him poison I got to my room threw all of my stuff in and proceeded to find the nearest BBQ place. Actually Katie found if for me a couple of days ago on the internets.

I walked to the BBQ place, it wasn't a long walk but Texas is freaking hot and it was really really humid. It reminded me of being back in Brazil.

The place was pretty good. I enjoyed the baked beans and the au'grautin potatoes. When I first walked into the place my eyes started to sting because the air was pretty smokey. When I left I smelled horrible.

After I got back to the hotel I laid down and watched TV for a while then I went to sleep.

I didn't sleep very well of course. I was awake most of the night because I was pretty nervous. The next morning I got up got dressed and got over the Southwest headquarters. They took me on a tour of the Facilities and I talked with some people that I might eventually work with. They were really nice and I enjoyed the tour.

The main interview went pretty well. I think that I was serious enough but made them laugh and had some good experiences that might have impressed them.

After that I flew home. Nothing really cool to report there. I went from Dallas to Tulsa to Denver to Salt Lake. It seemed like it took forever but I got to drink a lot of free drinks and eat some free peanuts so that not bad.

Katie picked me up and we ate at a good Mexican restaurant, the first one that we've actually enjoyed here in Ogden.

I hope that wasn't too long and boring. The trip was actually pretty fast. I was gone basically 24 hours. So it was a pretty short trip.

3 comments:

valerie said...

was it babes?? I served my mission in dallas and we would go to babes all the time!! They do have good BBQ there..

Bobbi Lee said...

Texas BBQ, blah! You need to come visit me - we have real BBQ. Hope you hear back quick on the job, I'm sure you made a great impression!

Jill said...

Sounds like you packed alot into the 24 hours!! Congrats on resisting poisoning your competition. You're a better man than most! Good luck!