1. High gas bill: Our last gas bill was over 90 dollars....it was insane. With a combination of our power and other things our utilities came to be over 200 dollars. We darn near almost died when we found out and promptly went to our land lord and told him that he needs to turn off the heat. We share our utilities with him and he agreed.
2. The cold: Our furnace didn't work for most of the winter. So we spent most of the winter cold and with a high power bill because we where heating the house with electric heaters. It was insane. Its the worst waking up in the morning and having to leave the nice warm bed and go catch the bus in the cold.
3. The dark: I don't ever see the sun in the winter. I wake up before the sun does (lazy sun) and spend the rest of the day in school and work and when I leave work to catch the bus the sun is already in bed (I think it drinks during the day). I mean come on SUN!
4. Ice: All you hear about during the winter is about black ice and how it kills! I hate driving in the winter because of the killer black ice. But I am also terrified of ice on the steps on WSU's campus. The campus is on the side of a mountain so there are steps every where and I am terrified of stepping onto some steps and falling down a mountain. I fell no fewer than 3 times this year. 2 where really hard falls and 1 was on some very icy steps (I luckily caught myself before I went down the mountain.)
5. Snow: I actually love the snow. I love nice wet snow that doesn't crunch under my feet...I hate dry snow that makes that horrible noise when I step on it...its horrible.
So there you go. I know that all 3 of you that read this where wondering the things that I most hate about the winter. I can't wait for the warmth and the safety of the summer. You never have to worry about falling down because of an illusive patch of ice in the summer.
2 comments:
LOL! David, it's your best post yet! I don't know why you don't think you can write! Maybe you jusy have to write about something you feel strongly about---such as your hatred of winter!
Just be thankful your gas bill wasn't $179.99 - yes, that's what mine was. Ouch. But I agree with on every stinkin' point. Winter sucks turtle eggs.
Post a Comment