




I have decided to write a blog today because I have been hearing some rumors floating around that I am in fact engaged...I want the record set straight. I am....I know...I can't believe it either.
For those of you that know me know that I never ever ever thought that I would ever get a girlfriend let alone trick some girl into getting engaged with me. But as of August 30th I am officially Katie Call's fiance.
So how did I do it you ask. Well it was very simple. After I had a great conversation with Katie's parents about how my near future isn't so bright and that I'm pretty much a dead beat...I decided that the timing was just right and I asked them if I could marry their obviously too good for me daughter. After a bribe and some of my famous fast talking I had permission.
So Saturday as you can expect I was very nervous. I waited all day for just the right moment. I still had no idea where I was going to ask her but after a quick conversation with Katie's brother Ben I decided to do it at Katie's Grand Pa's farm. We got there at dusk and it was beautiful. I was very very happy with the whole scene...except that we where getting eaten alive by mosquitos.
But after we sat down I started with all the lovey dovey stuff. I actually did most of it in Portuguese. But the night would not have been complete if I would not done my signature move...I said a great line. I said "There aren't enough words in 2 languages that can express my love for you" "So all I can do is say it the best I can and to show you the best I can." I then asked her to marry me. I opened my hand and at the same time we looked down and we looked at the ring sitting in my hand. I was a perfect moment. A moment that I hope will never dim in my memory.
After a hug and a kiss we ran into her Grand Pa's place to tell him and Katie's Aunt and Uncle that where there. We then ran home and told everyone else.
It was great. It was surreal. It was the best evening ever. The only one that comes close is the time that Katie told me that she loved me.
Oh...the fair was that weekend too...it was cool...I really thought about one thing the whole weekend so I really couldn't say much about anything else.
6 comments:
Katie IS awesome, but she isn't too good for you. You are just right for each other!! Welcome to the family!
I am so freaking excited for you! And Katie is an absolute doll. PLEASE let me know if I can do anything to help out cuz you know me, always up for planning! Tell Katie hello to me.
Hi. I am Katie's cousin, Megan. I like to think I'm her favorite cousin, but since she probably hasn't mentioned me to you, I guess I'll settle for being Jill's favorite cousin. Congratulations on snagging one of my favorite family members! You and Katie look like a very fun couple! I'm so happy for you both! Now, I have to leave a comment on Jill's blog, so she doesn't think I play favorites...
Somedays I can't believe it either! Your are very tricky. But I'm SOOO happy! I love you!
Congrats! That was so romantic :) When is the big day? Have fun with wedding plans?
David! I knew this day would come. However how is her name?.... I personally love the name Katie that is also my sisters name. Well I am very happy for you. When is the big day? Oh this is Kara by the way. All the way from the Az. I have a blog too. It's kind of addicting. Its brianandkarahigley.blogspot.com We should be blogging friends, but nothing more after all I am a married woman and you are an engaged man. Ha Ha. i hope all is well.
Kara
Post a Comment