Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ogden We Hardly Knew Thee

Well this is our last week here.  Its really our last couple of days.  Katie has most everything pack up.  I've only got two days left of work.  And we've got a bright future ahead of us.  Katie has a great job all lined up in Blackfoot.  She'll be a receptionist supervisor for a lot of the doctors offices in the Blackfoot area.  It was the first place she applied for and the first place she interview and she got the job.  We're really excited for the opportunity for her to use her degree and get some good experience.

Packing hasn't been fun at all.  We've had a really hard time leaving Ogden.  Its been our first home together and we've really fallen in love with the character and the craziness that is Ogden.

We went to one of our favorite restaurants in Ogden last night, Dee's, we go there anytime that we are sad or tired or just really hungry.  We went there when we got kicked out of our first house in Ogden, when we moved into the apartment we are in now, we ate there when Aunt Barbra died, when we couldn't make it up to the Call Thanksgiving, and a million other times.  The place just makes you feel better.

Its funny how perspective change after only a short amount of time.  I remember well the first time Katie and I drove into Ogden after we got married.  We had just had a miserable wedding and a honeymoon where we were both sick and sunburned and we came out of Ogden canyon and looked out onto Ogden and we both just got this feeling of impending doom in our stomachs.  It was one of the worst feelings we've both ever had.  Luckily it wasn't a precursor to things to come.

We've had some hard times in Ogden like really high rent at times, Katie's lame job, a '"roommate" that likes to chat, abusive next door neighbor, crazy young women, selling Mrs. White and a number of other things.

But we've also had some great times like Dee's, a dude sitting on a rock eating Doritos in his pajamas, good friends, being really close to both families, awesome views of the mountains, riding the Bus, seeing that Pimp, living in the Jackson Ward, Katie and I graduating and a million other things I can't think of right now.

Needless to say Katie and I both think its too early to be moving, but our "roommate" has already found another couple to take our place.  They are getting married in June and will start their lives together in that apartment too.  Hopefully they will love it as much and Katie and I have.  And who knows maybe one day we'll return, but more likely we'll have some other great adventure, there are still a lot of places Katie and I need to live and experience.

4 comments:

j2 said...

And Blackfoot welcomes you with open arms! Heck! We have a WalMart! Can life get any better that that? David, you can help Marty haul hay and move pipe. Now that is a career!!

Jill said...

I'm sad to see you leaving Ogden as well....however, I'm THRILLED to have you both within 60 miles!! If you start to miss the big city, Rexburg has a WalMart AND a Kmart! We may not have a pimp, but there are plenty of people who walk out into traffic without looking!

Katie Call said...

I love this post! It made me laugh and cry!

Jane said...

Hope you enjoy your new "roommates!"