Monday, February 14, 2011

Late Birthday Post


I know that this is late but it's still very blogworthy! I turned a quarter of a century on February 5. David made sure that the weeks before and after my birthday were spectacular. The weekend before my birthday he took me to the car and blindfolded me to take me to a Birthday Surprise. Little did he know that my spidy-senses would take over and I would know EXACTLY where we were the whole time (well until I forced myself to fall asleep). He was a good sport even though I could tell he was getting frustrated with me telling him what direction we were going after turning every corner. But he did fool me eventually. We parked and he told me we were "here" and as I was getting ready to take off my blindfold I heard my mama's voice! David had taken me to the best little dinner around...well it's in Malad, Idaho and invited my family (or at least 1/4 of them!) there to surprise me! It was so much fun to see my mama, dad, Courtney, and Andy. We ate and laughed and loudly told our stories. It was great. Andy came back to Ogden with us for the weekend which was fabulous!

The actual weekend of my birthday was great. David made me breakfast in bed and gave me some wonderful presents (awesome pink plaid shoes, How I Met Your Mother and A League of thier Own!) I had planned a surprise Valentine's Day date for David and I that night so we headed down to South Jordan. We went to The Desert Star and then had supper with our friend Dave. It was a fun night! Then next day was the super bowl and that was that!

My birthday was great! Thanks for all the birthday wishes and for everyone who made it awesome!

5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm happy you had such a happy birthday! I'm sad that I'll always be about a decade ahead of you...but then I'm happy we'll see you this weekend! Brace yourself.

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

I hope you had a great birthday. I sure do love you. It was a bunch of fun couple days!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your birthday was great, too. We need to shop for your gift sometime!!!! Think we will ever get together to do it????

Bobbi Lee said...

Yay for birthdays! I was just thinking today how I wanted it to be my birthday. They are the best. 100% about you!