Our Thanksgiving weekend was crazy awesome and crazy lame. Unfortunately we couldn't make it to Idaho for Thanksgiving as we had planned. Our windshield washer fluid was frozen and nothing we could do would thaw it. If anyone has been on Idaho roads knows that good wipers and fluid is just as important as the heater. David and I made it to Malad before figuring it would be smart to turn back. We hit a little storm on the way back which made driving extremely difficult due to the fact that we BOTH couldn't see out our dirty windshield. We were both crazy disappointed when we got to Ogden, so we went to the one place we always go after a lame day…We went to Dee's!
Dee's is awesome for one main reason. Sure it has good food (a plus!), and it has Pepsi products (a must!) but the best thing about Dee's is the waitresses; who are all little ladies who absolutely fuss over each customer like we were their own children. It's a nice place to go to after a hard day especially if your own mama is unreachable at the time. Anyways, it was at Dee's that I finally broke down and cried like a baby; an absolute baby. David was nice enough to let me just get out all my frustrations. After I had stopped sobbing like a fool, we decided that we would just make the most of the weekend that just hours before we were so excited for. Here's what we did!
Thursday morning we slept in until 8 a.m. which was wonderful!! It has always been my Thanksgiving tradition to watch the Macy's Day Parade but David has NEVER WATCHED IT BEFORE!! I know! He was rather pleased with the beautiful floats, huge balloons, awesome marching bands, and first-class music. While we were watching the parade, David's dad and brother arrived with our new bed! Last week we went to IKEA and bought a bed (I will let David post about the IKEA bed. It was awesome and he is still very excited about it!) After we put the bed together, we were still undecided about what to do about Thanksgiving dinner. We thought about just going to Chuck A Rama, or finding an open grocery store and buying some Cornish Hens for the two of us but we decided to have supper with David's family here in Ogden. It wasn't terrible; everyone was on their best behavior.
On Friday, we slept in again. This time until 8:30 a.m.! We lounged around until late morning then we went shopping! It was really fun. We got most our Christmas shopping done with the exception of each other! As a side note: if anyone has any ideas on what to get David, please let me know. We also bought our Christmas tree at Lowe's (which by the way, Jimmie Johnson won his FIFTH championship title in a row!) That night we came home and watched How to Train Your Dragon and The Backup Plan. FYI: Don't waste your time with the latter movie, it was terrible.
On Saturday we decorated the tree. David was in charge of the theme and decorating this year. He did wonderful! It looks great. Although, the best part of Saturday was The Nutcracker! It was my first time to see the ballet but David has been going since he was a child. It was amazing! The performance was so beautiful and the dancers were so graceful and gorgeous. I'm looking forward to going next year.
Sunday was business as usual; lots of meetings and homework. It was a great holiday despite the rough beginning. David really went above and beyond to make it fun and enjoyable. Thanks mister! I love you!
6 comments:
Sometimes disappointments make for the best memories! Excited to hear about the bed, the tree looks amazing, and I'm jealous your shopping is done.
Best post this blog has ever seen.
LOVE David's tree, HATE that we missed you this weekend, HAPPY you had a great one anyway, and I totally AGREE with you on the panettone. Nasty.
I have no idea what the panettone is, but I love the Christmas tree (and the look on David's face as he holds the "beloved" Panettone)
They totally ignored Thanksgiving over here- weird.
I have no idea what the panettone is, but I love the Christmas tree (and the look on David's face as he holds the "beloved" Panettone)
They totally ignored Thanksgiving over here- weird.
Love the new Christmas pics!
Post a Comment