Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bear Lake


I left Katie all by herself this weekend and I went up to my favorite place in the whole wide world.  I went to Bear Lake.  My family has a cabin up there and during the summer/fall we try to get up there as much as possible.  We never go up as much as we would like to but every time we go up its amazing.

We didn't do much, mostly just relaxed, looked at the leaves, read, watched Dr. Who, and just enjoyed the amazing feeling that you have while at the "cabin".

I did do a few things on my own.  With a new found desire to find and look at the deer that are always running around the cabin this time of year I ran around and actually saw one, Katie would have been so proud.  I also started a fire without a match.  This was mostly just because I wanted to do it so I did it.  I banked some coals the night before and in the morning the coals were still glowing so I used some newspaper and started a fire.  It was awesome.

Even though Katie wasn't at the cabin she still had an eventful weekend.  She gave an amazing talk in church.  But on Saturday Panda Express was having a buy one get one free deal so she got two meals that she ate over the span of a couple of days.

It was a good weekend and the best part is I get to go to the "cabin" again over conference.  Its like a family tradition and its going to be great.  I hope its cold and that I'll be able to build a fire again.  This last weekend we didn't need a fire I just built one because I wanted one.

Next time I'll have some pictures to share...I hope.

1 comment:

Katie Call said...

I am glad you found the deer all by yourself! The cabin is always fun.