Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Chaos Cafe.

Isn't change fun? I love change. I love shaking things up and experiencing new stuff. And it's a good thing I do because the Bundy/Call household sure got a heavy dose of change in the last month which, in case you didn't know, turns into chaos real quick.

First: I got a job! A real job too. I'm working as a medical receptionist for a doctor's office. I really like it so far. It's high energy and low stress which is fabulous! At 5:30 I walk to my car and I'm done for the night...I don't lie in bed and think "did I send that fax?" Nice right?

Second: I started school. I'm doing online classes through BYU-I and studying marriage and family development. It's pretty cool so far. Did I  mention I'm going full-time with 5 classes. So yeah...that's what I mostly do with my free time.

Thirdly: I got called to the presidency of the Primary. It's a lot of fun. The kids are....quite spirited. Like wild horses. I've been blessed from this calling greatly! I'm also doing the Activity Days for the girls 8 to 12. The children really have such a great prospective on life. I'm learning so much from them. Like today I learned I needed to buy more sensible church shoes so I can chase after "the runners". (Please note that "the runners" is plural.)

Fourth: David just finished his first year of law school! He is officially now an MBA student! The last month he has work so stinkin' hard. It's been great to watch him grow and really into something that he enjoys. Oh yeah...he's taking the GRE next Saturday. There ain't no rest for the wicked...

Fifthly: David got an amazing internship this summer! He will be working at St. Andrew's Legal Center in downtown Portland. He is really excited for it and he will do wonderfully. The best part is he awarded a fellowship so he's going to be paid. Not many first years can say that! But if you ask him what the best part of the internship is he will tell you that it's very close to Voodoo Doughnuts.

Sixth: David got called to be the Executive Secretary in our ward.  We were pretty much speechless when he got the call. We love our ward so much. They have truly become a family to us. And don't worry...we were pretty well vetted. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE asked and was reassured that we will not be moving out of the ward.

Seventh: And most recently (and hopefully lastly) I am the new triathlon coordinator for the Relief Society. I would tell you more about this but I'm too tired...

4 comments:

valerie said...

That is awesome about David! We are so glad that he is doing well. We still don't have callings.. So I guess you just have some for us too. :)

Jill said...

So that's why you never call anymore.....:-)

j2 said...

Hooray,and hooray! Wait! Are the R S sisters running? Gonna do races like Casey's Tough Mudder? This being in the true church is getting harder and harder. Maybe we all will be racing back to Jackson County Mo. Help!

Davis Early Intervention said...

Maybe you need to try and activate more sisters so you can share some of your callings!