"a picture paints a THOUSAND words"
I am tired. It is 6:45 and I'm just finishing up an 11 hour work day. I can't make anymore sentences today so let’s see if I can paint you a picture of my day in just a few words. Mostly adjectives.
8:00 a.m.: (Phones turn on)
8:01 a.m.: Jamaican extortionists start calling…no biggie. Daily thing.
9:30 a.m.: Call Police. Calls stop. Awesome. Or do they???
10:00 a.m.: Worker’s comp patient. Blood. Everywhere. Language barrier. No bueno.
11:45 a.m.: CEO calls. Reports? Sure. Tomorrow? Oh crap.
1:14 p.m.: Call from Infection control. Strange. Pig bites boy. Crazy. Pig head
getting tested for Rabies. “and how can I help you today, sir?”
3:00 p.m.: Crazy, pot smoking, paraplegic dialysis patient arrives. PROFANITY! Nurse? Patient roomed. Quiet. AAhhh.
3:30 p.m.: Phone Rings. Who? Michael Scott or another Jamaican extortionist?
Jamaican extortionist. “Can I take a message?”
4:00p.m.: Running Doc. Where’s the Crazy, pot smoking, paraplegic dialysis patient?
What? Escape? Infection? Needs hospital admission. Running to find Crazy, pot smoking, paraplegic dialysis patient. No luck.
4:15 p.m.: Find patient. “drove” home. In Hospital. Everything okay.
4:50 p.m.: Remember about CEO’s reports. Crap
5:00 p.m.: Phones turn off. Thank goodness
6:30 p.m.: Report ½ finished. Tired. Hungry. Brain goo. Home.
1 comment:
I felt bad for you even as I laughed! Better luck tomorrow! Maybe you need a weekened out with your favorite sister.....
Post a Comment