Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wing Man

I'm losing my wing man this weekend. I just helped him load up a U-Haul truck with all his stuff so that he can move back up to Idaho and get married...jerk. Its been really nice driving up with Ben for the past year. I've gotten to know him very well and I'm sad that he is leaving me. For 2 reasons.

1. I'm going to miss the company. Granted we talked a lot about the same thing. We had the same conversation like a million time but that's okay. It was a great opportunity to learn more about Katie's family and more about man stuff like killing things...or...trucks...? Just man stuff.

2. This might be number 2 on my list but I think maybe a little bit more importantly...I don't have anyone to split gas with anymore. The jerk is leaving me to figure things out for myself...DARN him!

So that's it. I'm really happy that he is getting married. Kim is a great person and they will be really happy...I on the other hand will continue with my 3 hour drive for the next year. But now I will be left with my own thoughts...and that might be very dangerous...My blog might become just that much cooler! Or just plain cool...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll figure something out. You might just have to start picking up hickhikers for entertainment...

Bobbi Lee said...

Just let us know if the voices in your head come back after all that "alone" time. Drive safe!